Empowering students to have the courage to invent their own future
Our School of Exceptional Learning is aimed at students aged 15 to 18.
It is in the upper stages that the ambitious goals defined in our vision is most fully realised.
Having grown and matured through the initial years of adolescence, students at these ages are beginning to settle down. In response to this, Santa Sophia provides an engaging personalised learning program that seeks genuine dialogue to challenge students to raise their own questions, create their own ideas, seek solutions to real world challenges and explore their interests and passions.
In the School of Exceptional Learning...
All students are self-sufficient learners but work closely alongside educators who guide and support them to:
- develop a Personalised Learning Plan
- progress their plan each week
- find mentors to help
- investigate and set-up internship opportunities at worksites
- stay inspired and motivated
- imagine possibilities for their learning
- find pathways to achieve their goals.
- further develop their skills as an independent and self-sufficient learner
We work closely with students to develop person learning plans, a student’s personal learning plan incorporates:
- working with mentors, businesses, or organisations
- instructional learning needed for university or tertiary pathways
- internship work placement
- developing and running their own businesses
- apprenticeship opportunities
- specific skills and goals related to their personal and work development.
- learning goals directly related to the Australian Curriculum to broaden knowledge and awareness
Australian Curriculum requirements are covered in their personal learning plan through either targeted learning opportunities or through a process of backward mapping to their learning plan.
Santa Sophia is a credible education choice for parents who seek an innovative learning environment that challenges conventional schooling to enhance student learning.
Come and see!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people at Santa Sophia Catholic College. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each child do his or her best. Come and see learning in action today!