Inspiring students to explore, innovate and thrive
The School of Problem Solving is aimed at students in aged 10 – 14.
These years require a different approach. It is a time of growth which has a profound impact on the development of a young teen. Santa Sophia responds by offering a challenging and creative education program, with a carefully planned timetable that:
- offers greater individualisation through choice
- raises opportunity for academic challenge
- provides opportunities for students to link with the wider community and learn outside the classroom
- increases opportunity for designing and self-managing their own learning
- encourages leadership opportunities through their interests.
This curriculum uses the foundation of skills taught in the School of Challenge and builds a mastery of crucial academic skills. The emphasis is on project-and-problem-based learning and its interdisciplinary nature.
Using integrated and experiential learning styles, carefully considered content is used to help students wrestle with ideas, grow their perception and understanding of the world around them. By exploring in this way they learn about themselves and how they relate to others and the world.
The Australian Curriculum content is covered through these pathways in such a way that also allows room for a student to engage in topics of their personal choice.
Come and see!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people at Santa Sophia Catholic College. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each child do his or her best. Come and see learning in action today!