Inspiring students to explore, innovate and thrive
Stage: Three, Four (Years 5-8)
Inquiry Pedagogy: Rigorous Learning Focused Projects
These years require a different approach. Students at this stage of development are primed to make connections. Connections with each other as well as connections of concepts, knowledge and skills across different subject areas. The School of Connect delivers opportunities for these connections to be made by the students. Santa Sophia responds by offering a challenging and creative education program, with a carefully planned timetable that:
- offers greater individualisation through choice
- raises opportunity for academic challenge
- provides opportunities for students to link with the wider community and learn outside the classroom
- increases opportunity for designing and self-managing their own learning
- encourages leadership opportunities through their interests.
This curriculum uses the foundation of skills taught in the School of Curiosity and builds a mastery of crucial academic skills. The emphasis is on project-and-problem-based learning and its interdisciplinary nature.
Come and see!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people at Santa Sophia Catholic College. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each child do his or her best. Come and see learning in action today!